4rsreed

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Highlander
Will this delay info that is supposed to come out in September? Pricing, etc.

TigerEyeJazz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Honda HR-V Sport.
For those looking to get into the 4Runner but can’t wait, I really think the Land Cruiser is a great option. The wheelbase is the same, styling is different and very very retro, the interior feels really put together and solid. It drives fantastic. Give it a few months and if you need a car by fall time I would say they will be discounted across reliable dealerships.

jnsplace

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Subaru Outback 3.6R
Going to test drive a Taco iforce max in about a week, I'll keep the LC as the back up back up plan. The drive of the Tacoma will be the deciding factor. While I didn't want a 2 truck family, I figure honey will be looking at another car in about 3 - 5 years who knows what will be on his list by then.

TigerEyeJazz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Honda HR-V Sport.
Going to test drive a Taco iforce max in about a week, I'll keep the LC as the back up back up plan. The drive of the Tacoma will be the deciding factor. While I didn't want a 2 truck family, I figure honey will be looking at another car in about 3 - 5 years who knows what will be on his list by then.
I should be driving the TRD Pro or TRD Sport with the I Force Max as soon as the dealership gets one. So far, I love the power delivery of the LC.

jnsplace

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Subaru Outback 3.6R
I am enjoying all the joy from folks having one. It's just the cost. It's a bit higher than I want to go but....it's a strong contender. :)

TigerEyeJazz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Honda HR-V Sport.
I am enjoying all the joy from folks having one. It's just the cost. It's a bit higher than I want to go but....it's a strong contender. :)
If that is the case and the 4Runner doesn’t come out until the Spring of 25’ then dealerships should start discounting them which is what happened with the Tacoma. I think you’ll love the way it drive more then the Tacoma.

Positronic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
prior 1st gen 4Runner Turbo
And there we go. Now that makes sense as there are some LC's that were stuck at port due to parts delay which I am sure, didn't provide happy warm feelings on the part of customers.

Not sure that I can wait until next spring. Assuming launch in Jan. 60 days to port. 60 days to flood the distribution. Could be May until I sit in one. My car is showing signs of needing to be swapped out.
same here, sitting on almost 13 years in my subaru and was hoping to not have to replace my winter tires this year as they are very close being at the end of their tread :(

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Jeep Willys 2 door 3 pedal
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/arti...us-launch-of-popular-suv-on-shortage-of-parts

Toyota Motor Corp. is delaying the launch of an updated version of a popular mid-size SUV in the US market due to supply constraints on key parts shared with other vehicles.​
The Japanese automaker had planned to start US deliveries of its latest 4Runner SUV this fall, but now doesn’t expect to begin shipping them until December or early next year, a company spokesman said Wednesday.​
The 4Runner has long been one of Toyota’s best-sellers in North America and the highly-anticipated sixth generation of the vehicle was expected to provide an extra boost to the brand’s sales this year. But many of the Japan-built SUV’s key components are shared with sibling models such as the retooled Lexus GX and all-new Land Cruiser, which also are in high demand. That has depleted Toyota’s pooled parts bin, forcing the delay, the spokesman said.​
Any chance this is smoke screen, because of reported engine issues with Tacoma? Or really supply chain issues?

Salukidawg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Toyota 4Runner
Talked to my dealer about placing an order for a 2025 TRD Pro and the sales manager told me that they didn’t expect any deliveries until December or early January. That was 2 days ago and I thought he was wrong but apparently he was right after all. I still like my current Gen 5 and I’m not in any real hurry to get rid of it, but I’m a bit bummed that I’m probably going to be waiting until this time next year for my new TRD Pro. Oh well, first world problems I guess.

Last edited:

Tire Fryer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1996 Ford F250 7.3 4x4
Looks like its big Bronco 7MT lease for me to give Toyota a chance to shake down the 6G 4Runner. Maybe a manual option will appear by then as well....

TigerEyeJazz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Honda HR-V Sport.
Looks like its big Bronco 7MT lease for me to give Toyota a chance to shake down the 6G 4Runner. Maybe a manual option will appear by then as well....
I don’t think we will see a Manual in the 4Runner.

donayre21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
I saw a YouTuber mentioned that he had a press drive on September but he said it had been canceled until further noticed.

I really doubt it's a parts thing because they are still making LC and GX and the tacomas. It's going to look bad for them if they don't release before December since Honda is releasing their passport trail sport which looks lile it's going to compete with the 4runner. The Honda will have a v6.

TigerEyeJazz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Honda HR-V Sport.
I saw a YouTuber mentioned that he had a press drive on September but he said it had been canceled until further noticed.

I really doubt it's a parts thing because they are still making LC and GX and the tacomas. It's going to look bad for them if they don't release before December since Honda is releasing their passport trail port which look lole it's going to compete with the 4runner. The Honda will have a v6.
The Passport comes out next year so it would probably go against that but let’s be real, the majority of people who will buy the Passport won’t go for the Trailsport. Also V6 in the Passport won’t sway current 4Runner owners or future 4Runner owners as that is a Unibody and not a body on frame like the 4Runner.

Here is what I feel the delay was. They want to give the LC some sales breathing room so they postponed the 4Runner release. Think about it. Same chassis, same engine, same wheelbase but not the same price. The 4Runner will undercut the Land Cruiser by a lot for the base trim and they don’t want the LC to just sit on lots. As it is I’ve actually seen 4 different LC on the road already.

donayre21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
The Passport comes out next year so it would probably go against that but let’s be real, the majority of people who will buy the Passport won’t go for the Trailsport. Also V6 in the Passport won’t sway current 4Runner owners or future 4Runner owners as that is a Unibody and not a body on frame like the 4Runner.

Here is what I feel the delay was. They want to give the LC some sales breathing room so they postponed the 4Runner release. Think about it. Same chassis, same engine, same wheelbase but not the same price. The 4Runner will undercut the Land Cruiser by a lot for the base trim and they don’t want the LC to just sit on lots. As it is I’ve actually seen 4 different LC on the road already.
I agree with you, it makes no sense to get a LC if the 4runner is cheaper and has the same engine and maxed out for 5 to 10k less.

As for the Honda I don't k ow the teaser looks pretty good. They might add a hybrid to it who knows.