Anti-Theft Counter-Mesure, solutions!

Clodydeloady

First Name
Claude
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep GCL Overland 2021
Good day All, here in Q.C. Canada the 4 Runners is one of the most stolen vehicles. What are some best solutions without voiding the Warranty? Also is the new 2025 hood opens from the inside? Thanks

kzrman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 4Runner TRD off-road
Good day All, here in Q.C. Canada the 4 Runners is one of the most stolen vehicles. What are some best solutions without voiding the Warranty? Also is the new 2025 hood opens from the inside? Thanks
The hood does not automatically open like the back hatch.

The best solution is a steering wheel lock.

Like one from Winner International called The Club 3000.

Scott2373

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150, 2018 Wrangler Sahara JLU
The hood does not automatically open like the back hatch.

The best solution is a steering wheel lock.

Like one from Winner International called The Club 3000.
There are tons of videos online on how to defeat a Club. The easiest and fastest is simply cutting through the steering wheel and sliding it off. One of the best idea's I've ever seen was back in the mid-90's. One of the waitresses I knew at the ol' Perkins that we hung out at, had a new Camaro. She had a device installed that allowed her to remove the entire steering wheel and bring it in to work with her! I've never seen that since.

kzrman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 4Runner TRD off-road
There are tons of videos online on how to defeat a Club. The easiest and fastest is simply cutting through the steering wheel and sliding it off. One of the best idea's I've ever seen was back in the mid-90's. One of the waitresses I knew at the ol' Perkins that we hung out at, had a new Camaro. She had a device installed that allowed her to remove the entire steering wheel and bring it in to work with her! I've never seen that since.
You can pretty much defeat anything, it just depends on how much time and effort you want to put into it and if you'll get caught before you're done.

Scott2373

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150, 2018 Wrangler Sahara JLU
You can pretty much defeat anything, it just depends on how much time and effort you want to put into it and if you'll get caught before you're done.
This is absolutely true, however I have to chime in when someone says that The Club is a high security device, when it's actually one of the easiest to defeat.

SamReih

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
gritrsports.com
Vehicle(s)
4runner Trailhunter
One of the waitresses I knew at the ol' Perkins that we hung out at, had a new Camaro. She had a device installed that allowed her to remove the entire steering wheel and bring it in to work with her! I've never seen that since.
Cool idea tbh. Would be hilarious for a dude to get into the car just to be like "Okay, where the hell is steering wheel?!"
Also saves you from people asking to borrow your car :D