jnsplace

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Subaru Outback 3.6R
March allocations, arrival to ports May? Whew. They really mistimed that launch announcement lol

TigerEyeJazz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Honda HR-V Sport.
So realistically, the 5th gen 4Runner would have been in production for a whole 15 years. Is that the longest a mainline Toyota has been in production for the US market?

MJE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Sport
So realistically, the 5th gen 4Runner would have been in production for a whole 15 years. Is that the longest a mainline Toyota has been in production for the US market?
This could probably be its own fun thread. I thought this would be an easily googleable answer, but with lists like the Ford F-150 & Suburban, google answers aren’t what I mean. Like you, I’d like to know the longest running cars based on a single model (perhaps with refreshes), which might be in some debate, but not longest running nameplates.

I can think of really a few that aren’t Toyota:
Chevy Astro / GMC Safari: 1985-2005
Jeep Cherokee XJ: 1984-2001 (and to 2014! In China)
Jeep Wagoneer SJ: 1963-1991
Volvo 200 Series: 1974-1993
C/K Squrebody: 1973-1991 (and 1997 in Brazil)

One could argue that the 7/8/9 gen F-series is largely the same facelifted truck giving it a 1980-1997 run, but they seem to be listed as separate generations.

Which makes me notice an interesting trend. Many of these are classic look long life trucks, built back when the market just wasn’t as competitive. I’m not sure even Toyota would have many models this long out because they tended to really refresh every 4-5 years.

The 2nd gen Tundra was 2007-2021 which is an impressive run by today’s standards. I still think gen 2/3 Tacos are the same truck & can’t tell them apart. If they’re related enough you could say 2005-2023 for them, but that argument is about the same as the F150 above.

TRD_GUY

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
none
if they do release in in Q1/25, they will be timing the market as rates will be lower. Might be needed if we start heading into a long-overdue recession?

Side note: I don't know how anyone can afford anything. Credit card debt is at an all time high and more people are delaying payments. Not a good sign. The only thing keeping the deck of cards from collapsing is that unemployment is still low, but when this changes, it's gonna get ugly.

Anton_Chigurh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 3500
Has anyone seen reports of this delay from reputable sources other than the one Bloomberg article?

TigerEyeJazz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Honda HR-V Sport.
Has anyone seen reports of this delay from reputable sources other than the one Bloomberg article?
I mean on Toyota Pressroom where Toyota posted the 4Runner article it still states release is this fall with a little note at the end saying “last edit: June 27th 2024”

TSlop

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
~2026 4Runner
I haven't seen anything "official", but we are getting close to the start of the 3 months of Fall, and we have not seen any new information (trims, prices, etc.). I think it's a good as delayed.

TigerEyeJazz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Honda HR-V Sport.
I went to the Miami International Auto show recently and Toyota did not have the 6th gen 4Runner on display but a 5th gen TRD Sport. It looks like the only way to see a 4Runner is at a popular overland show. Also seems like the Trailhunter is the only 4Runner being shown now as the TRD Pro hasn’t been making the show rounds since the first off road show.

jnsplace

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Subaru Outback 3.6R
No Mark Up Toyota on FB = One of the dealers said "this is our last allocation of the 24 4runner". Spotted another one saying something similar. Maybe they are still doing the phase out on the original timing and yet, I'm also seeing Spring for 25 4runner on that same page from dealers.

Bunch of watch and waits I suppose.

TigerEyeJazz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Honda HR-V Sport.
No Mark Up Toyota on FB = One of the dealers said "this is our last allocation of the 24 4runner". Spotted another one saying something similar. Maybe they are still doing the phase out on the original timing and yet, I'm also seeing Spring for 25 4runner on that same page from dealers.

Bunch of watch and waits I suppose.
I think pricing revealed next month would make the most sense. We could see the press driving it at the end of this month or early next month