Matin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercedes 2019 E300
Questions
  • Will a sunroof be available on the Trailhunter trim?
  • Will an air compressor be available on the TRD Pro trim?
  • Does the TRD Pro fog lights also have the ability to switch colors (white/amber) like the Trailhunter?
  • Is there the same amount of skid plates on both models?
  • Difference between the two models' suspension (Fox vs OME)?
  • HUD?
Answers (from post below by @kobyneal)

A friend works for Toyota and provided the following:
- no sunroof on the Trailhunter
- no built in compressor on the TRD Pro
- TRD Pro fog lights donā€™t change color (LC does however!)
- Trailhunter has full body armour (skid plates) underneath, where as pro only has front/visible skid plate
- Fox are softer/high speed and smaller bumps; OME are much firmer/meant to carry more weight and have higher articulation overall
- No HUD on either but they both have rear view mirror camera. Comment was ā€˜new models are very specific for their purpose - have to move to platinum or to the LC to get best of both luxury and off road. Pros and THs very off road specific. Many drawn to the looks but they dont have the full time 4x4 or leather interior like limited/platinum/LCā€™

Hansaguatus

First Name
Blake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camaro SS Jeep Wrangler
Good questions. Most will be answered when the full site with details launch. Iā€™m curious if the TRD pro will have a HUD like the Platinum. Thatā€™ll change things for me if Pro doesnā€™t have one. Once you get one on a vehicle, you cannot go without

Thx1158

First Name
RW
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Rubicon
Good questions. Most will be answered when the full site with details launch. Iā€™m curious if the TRD pro will have a HUD like the Platinum. Thatā€™ll change things for me if Pro doesnā€™t have one. Once you get one on a vehicle, you cannot go without
I just asked this same question on another thread. Iā€™m with youā€¦I want a TRD Pro and if I HUD isnā€™t offered that will impact my decision.

Hansaguatus

First Name
Blake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camaro SS Jeep Wrangler
I just asked this same question on another thread. Iā€™m with youā€¦I want a TRD Pro and if I HUD isnā€™t offered that will impact my decision.
makes no sense for them not to offer it on their top tier model

jnsplace

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Subaru Outback 3.6R
Agreed. Might be an option on a package too. Unfortunately we just have to wait on these details until they put the builder up, or do a big press release

kobyneal

First Name
Kolby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda CRV
  • Will a sunroof be available on the Trailhunter trim?
  • Will an air compressor be available on the TRD Pro trim?
  • Does the TRD Pro fog lights also have the ability to switch colors (white/amber) like the Trailhunter?
  • Is there the same amount of skid plates on both models?
  • Difference between the two models' suspension (Fox vs OME)?
A friend works for Toyota and provided the following:

- no sunroof on the Trailhunter
- no built in compressor on the TRD Pro
- TRD Pro fog lights donā€™t change color (LC does however!)
- Trailhunter has full body armour (skid plates) underneath, where as pro only has front/visible skid plate
- Fox are softer/high speed and smaller bumps; OME are much firmer/meant to carry more weight and have higher articulation overall

kobyneal

First Name
Kolby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda CRV
Any scoop on HUD's?
No HUD on either but they both have rear view mirror camera. Comment was ā€˜new models are very specific for their purpose - have to move to platinum or to the LC to get best of both luxury and off road. Pros and THs very off road specific. Many drawn to the looks but they dont have the full time 4x4 or leather interior like limited/platinum/LCā€™

Thx1158

First Name
RW
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Rubicon
No HUD on either but they both have rear view mirror camera. Comment was ā€˜new models are very specific for their purpose - have to move to platinum or to the LC to get best of both luxury and off road. Pros and THs very off road specific. Many drawn to the looks but they dont have the full time 4x4 or leather interior like limited/platinum/LCā€™
Thank you for the scoop. This may move me to a LC as it's not far off from the TRD Pro I was going to order.

kobyneal

First Name
Kolby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda CRV
Thank you for the scoop. This may move me to a LC as it's not far off from the TRD Pro I was going to order.
You bet. Iā€™m in the same boat. have both on order but likely to cancel the trd pro. LC seems to be best of both worlds and just comes down to exterior styling in the end. I noted in another thread have driven and LC and Tacoma limited and imo itā€™s not even close. Only area LC falls behind is a bit stiffer ride. Interior of LC premium blows away the Tacoma.

kobyneal

First Name
Kolby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda CRV
makes no sense for them not to offer it on their top tier model
Not my words - from my friend who works at Toyota: the biggest misconception out there is the trd pro/th is the top trim. Top is subjective to your wants/needs. They are the top off road trims used for two distinct purposes. But if you think about it how can the trd pro have all the same options as the platinum tech wise while also having all the extra off road gear at the same/similar price (using tundra as example here). The platinum 4Runner will have items such as rain sensing wipers, hud, leather interior, full time 4x4 that will not be offered on the trd pro or TH.

Hansaguatus

First Name
Blake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camaro SS Jeep Wrangler
Not my words - from my friend who works at Toyota: the biggest misconception out there is the trd pro/th is the top trim. Top is subjective to your wants/needs. They are the top off road trims used for two distinct purposes. But if you think about it how can the trd pro have all the same options as the platinum tech wise while also having all the extra off road gear at the same/similar price (using tundra as example here). The platinum 4Runner will have items such as rain sensing wipers, hud, leather interior, full time 4x4 that will not be offered on the trd pro or TH.
Understandable and it makes sense. I figure they could use the HUD on the TRD Pro and Trailhunter for off-road features too. Like an elevation meter live on your windscreen. This way you donā€™t have to take focus off the road. Itā€™s right in front of you.

jnsplace

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Subaru Outback 3.6R
Well....if we model the 4R off the Taco. It is my impression that the Taco Trailhunter and Pro get the HUD. It would make some sense it would be similar for the 4R. but /shrugs.

Hansaguatus

First Name
Blake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camaro SS Jeep Wrangler
Well....if we model the 4R off the Taco. It is my impression that the Taco Trailhunter and Pro get the HUD. It would make some sense it would be similar for the 4R. but /shrugs.
Good find! Itā€™s hard to find info on the HUD on the Taco. If you look in specs, it shows the Pro does have HUD. SO 4Runner Pro should have it too