It's going to be a sticker shock for price points in Canada..

Zerny

First Name
Arthur
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Toyota Corolla SE
I do not have any official pricing but I do have something to compare to. Let me elaborate, last week I spotted a 2025 TRD Pro Tacoma that came into our local dealership in Vancouver, BC, Canada. I started talking to a sales rep and I asked what the price is after taxes and he said, "Roughly $93,000" Canadian. That's INSANE. I'm sorry but I remember Toyota for reliability and affordability. It is not affordable for the average joe. There's no way.

Now I'm not saying the 4Runner is going to be this much because I have no evidence of price points and am in the dark about it like everyone else but we can somewhat compare the 24 Tacoma's vs 4Runner's and 4Runner's here are usually $5-8,000 MORE for the same trim package. I think after taxes a TRD PRO 4Runner could run 100,000 Canadian. If that's the case... I'd be out.

Lastly, it is obviously going to be cheaper if you order your vehicle and wait the 6 months to a year and a half or more for it to show up. I get that, I don't know if the price he told me was what the order actually costs or what the mark up the dealer is putting it up for will be but with that being said, I think it's insanely expensive.

jnsplace

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Subaru Outback 3.6R
Opinon: Land Cruiser is also a good comparison. It should be higher in price than the 4R, in most areas.

If we take the 4R Trail, Pro and Platinum and say they are top tier, put them under or in-between the LC FE and LC Midlevel?
Then the TRD OR will be under the LC standard model.
Sport to be under the LC 1958

Under the LC, yet above the Taco. Which makes sense, should drive similarly to the new Taco and have more space. :)

MJE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Sport
That almost makes sense. Your taxes are high in BC. That’s about what a Trailhunter is here having just seen one advertised. Maybe just under what a LC Premium goes for. Here everything remotely desirable is usually left off the dealer website & put on marketplace for 10K of ADM. I can’t believe we’re entering the era where a $100K vehicle, though defined as ‘luxury’ by the government, is actually just a normal albeit desirable vehicle.

2chains

First Name
ruder
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 4runner Limited Blizzard Pearl
Yep prices are up there! I ordered a Land Cruiser, second from bottom trim...got a call last week. The exact one I had ordered came up as it was turned down by the guy ahead of me. The price quoted was $85K...I left it at the dealership as it doesn't make financial sense for me ATM. Original quote(guestimation) when I placed the order last year was $70k.

Scott2373

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150, 2018 Wrangler Sahara JLU
Yep prices are up there! I ordered a Land Cruiser, second from bottom trim...got a call last week. The exact one I had ordered came up as it was turned down by the guy ahead of me. The price quoted was $85K...I left it at the dealership as it doesn't make financial sense for me ATM. Original quote(guestimation) when I placed the order last year was $70k.
It only costs that much because the dealer is gouging the price. You're not obligated to pay any, "Dealer markup", or "Market adjustment". That's just shady, unethical dealers trying to make more profit. Unfortunately, people don't do their due diligence and get suckered into paying that $h!t. It really pisses me off, because it makes it harder for the rest of us.