jnsplace

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Subaru Outback 3.6R
Really? I heard Japan myself. This is very interesting, at least it'll make the transport part shorter lol!

Nuke

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Highlander Platinum
I LIKE, much better than the LC in my subjective view. Where will it be made?

Last edited:

Ruissimo

First Name
Rui
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Genesis G70
I've been waiting patiently for tonight's announcement since putting a deposit down on a Tacoma Trailhunter. They really did nail it, in my opinion. It has all the good features from the Taco (mainly the front end) and is instantly recognizable as a 4Runner. Much, much better styling than the Land Cruiser (in my opinion, of course).

Cross-post from the Tacoma forums:

==========================

The Trailhunter brothers!

Obviously, people who choose one over the other will do so mainly based on needs (SUV vs truck). I could go either way, as the functionality I'm looking for can be achieved by both, especially the off-roading capabilities.

Setting that aside, here's how I feel:

The roomier rear seat is an obvious advantage to the 4Runner. I have a family, and I'd want them to be somewhat comfortable on the 10% of the time I'm not alone in the car. I don't remember seeing pictures of a third row though - can anyone confirm yet? We'll know later when it's posted officially by Toyota anyway. If they do offer the third row (which I doubt), it will be for toddlers, so it's not really relevant for me.

The Taco has more aggressive styling and higher clearance, which I prefer.

They're both great-looking vehicles though. My initial reaction is, I'll stick with my Taco deposit :)

What about you guys? What are your thoughts on the new 4R? I think they did an amazing job, and I'm really happy that it will be sharing components with the Taco -it will give both owner bases expanded aftermarket accessory choices!

2025 Toyota 4runner 2025 4Runner Photos & Specs! 🔥 Trailhunter, TRD Pro, Off-Road, Limited Trims taco-4r-

PS - I flipped the bottom 4R image, so you can't see the snorkel (and the badges are reversed). But I wanted similar angles, so.

FourRunner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GR Corolla Circuit Edition
As expected, I love what I’m seeing. I do have a question about rear leg room of 4Runners for those with experience. Does the outgoing 4Runner have the same rear legroom as a 4 door Tacoma or do 4Runners have slightly more space for the rear seats? Currently I’m driving a 2024 Tacoma 4 door TRD Off-road for a week (rental). I love everything about it, but I’m hoping there is at least an inch or two more room in the new 4Runner for the rear Passengers. Three 6 feet tall adults in a Tacoma was a bit of a squeeze job this past weekend. Everything else is just about perfect though, and power from the new turbo 4 is more than adequate.

OP
OP

Red_5

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Many
As expected, I love what I’m seeing. I do have a question about rear leg room of 4Runners for those with experience. Does the outgoing 4Runner have the same rear legroom as a 4 door Tacoma or do 4Runners have slightly more space for the rear seats? Currently I’m driving a 2024 Tacoma 4 door TRD Off-road for a week (rental). I love everything about it, but I’m hoping there is at least an inch or two more room in the new 4Runner for the rear Passengers. Three 6 feet tall adults in a Tacoma was a bit of a squeeze job this past weekend. Everything else is just about perfect though, and power from the new turbo 4 is more than adequate.
The 5th Gen T4R has a lot of rear seat room, and the new one is 5” longer. I would expect the rear seat to be quite comfortable and roomy.

TSlop

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
~2026 4Runner
Taco has less. I sat in a new Taco and a 4Runner back to back at a dealership. I didn't measure, but there was a good amount more in the 4Runner.

Nuke

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Highlander Platinum
Idk.. that green looks teal ..
not sure if I like the black fender cladding.. Also would like a smaller screen, but want the Trd Pro… I wonder if the larger screen will be standard on the pro?
May have to go with the Limited trim to avoid the black fender cladding. Will also wager the Limited will have full-time 4WD, and with a bit of luck, power running boards.

TSlop

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
~2026 4Runner
May have to go with the Limited trim to avoid the black fender cladding. Will also wager the Limited will have full-time 4WD, and with a bit of luck, power running boards.
It it's like the Taco, the TRD-Sport should be color match also. The Off-Road kept the black ones.

FourRunner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The 5th Gen T4R has a lot of rear seat room, and the new one is 5” longer. I would expect the rear seat to be quite comfortable and roomy.
Awesome. Thank you for the information. A little more room would definitely go a long way.

FourRunner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Taco has less. I sat in a new Taco and a 4Runner back to back at a dealership. I didn't measure, but there was a good amount more in the 4Runner.
Yeah my friend sitting in the rear seat was having to do a bit of side sitting to fit behind my front passenger that is probably 6 feet 2. Even an inch or two more than the Taco will make a big difference. Thank you for the information!

4runningBaja

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5th gen 4Runner
Looks like the rear quarter windows wrap around the edging of the roof a bit. Kinda difficult to see in the photos when I zoom to see if that is black trim there above that window or is still the window itself.

JIMIPRO

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 4R V8, 24 4Runner TRD Pro, 67 Dodge R/T
The TRD Off-Road, TRD Pro and the new Trailhunter version also get an electronic locking rear differential. The Platinum trim also gets a locking center differential that is optional on the Limited. New to the 4Runner is a front stabilizer bar disconnect that allows for improved articulation of the front wheels over rough terrain.

I bet the Blue one is the new Platinum trim. It seems to have the Full Time system standard with the locking center diff like the current 4WD Limited models. Optional on the Limited, hopefully like now because you can get a 2WD Limited and when you order 4WD it is the full time system. Hopefully you don't have to go to the Hybrid model. There are a lot of 3rd row 4R's around here so that could be interesting if they do not offer that option.

Edit: Just saw the Limited badge on the blue one.

Last edited: