TigerEyeJazz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Honda HR-V Sport.
I’m loving the overall styling of the 4Runner. I’ve looked it over and over again and it’s just a work of art for me. The wrap around window really goes back to the first gen 4Runner and I love that! Can’t wait to see the full reveal

Chcg12

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 trd pro
Do we think the dark green paint from the teaser is actually this teal color that’s now shown?

Markarian421

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 FJC TTUE MT
I’m hoping one of the off road focused models will have full time 4WD with the rear and center locking diffs. But maybe that’s just me. I don’t want to give that up when I trade in my FJ.

Old Spice

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
X3 currently
Do we think the dark green paint from the teaser is actually this teal color that’s now shown?
Looks that way to me. Close enough where the camera and lighting (and post-processing) could make the difference.

2025 Toyota 4runner 2025 4Runner Photos & Specs! 🔥 Trailhunter, TRD Pro, Off-Road, Limited Trims Trailhunter 4Runner 2025 (1)

2025 Toyota 4runner 2025 4Runner Photos & Specs! 🔥 Trailhunter, TRD Pro, Off-Road, Limited Trims 960x0 (13) (2)

TigerEyeJazz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Honda HR-V Sport.
Yes, it is 100% the color we see here.

JIMIPRO

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 4R V8, 24 4Runner TRD Pro, 67 Dodge R/T
I’m hoping one of the off road focused models will have full time 4WD with the rear and center locking diffs. But maybe that’s just me. I don’t want to give that up when I trade in my FJ.
I am too but I doubt that it will happen. Toyota doesn't seem to like Full Time 4WD or front lockers. I was surprised they have FT 4WD with center and rear lockers on all trims of the Land Cruiser. My Rubicon and Bronco Badlands both had it and front lockers.

jnsplace

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Subaru Outback 3.6R
If the Forbes article is true, there should be a FT 4WD option, I suspect though it will be on the Trailhunter & TRD Pro versions.

"Both options come with the same eight-speed automatic transmission found in the Tacoma and Land Cruiser. As before, customers can choose a rear-wheel-drive, part-time four-wheel-drive or full-time four-wheel-drive system. Both 4WD systems have a two-speed transfer case and Toyota’s active traction control system to aid in sending torque to the wheels with the most grip. All variants get an automatic limited slip differential."

fredcatsmommy

First Name
Cassy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Nissan Pathfinder
maybe my first 4Runner after 1992-2008 Nissan Pathfinders. Not sure whether to wait for 2026 model and see what happens if built outside of Japan. Definitely following the forums!

ironpig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
75 FJ55, 2015 4Runner Trail, 2022 Rivian R1T
Not in love with this yet, but maybe it will grow on me. It feels like the 4th gen and the more cartoony look. The LC design language is much better.

Also don't love the look of that front lower spoiler. If they need that for MPG help, that's not a good sign. (Edit - looks like it's just in the one set up of the Blue version - maybe that's for the limited or SR5)

Nuke

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Highlander Platinum
Not in love with this yet, but maybe it will grow on me. It feels like the 4th gen and the more cartoony look. The LC design language is much better.

Also don't love the look of that front lower spoiler. If they need that for MPG help, that's not a good sign. (Edit - looks like it's just in the one set up of the Blue version - maybe that's for the limited or SR5)
Agreed, that front spoiler would have to immediately come off. On the Taco it is very easily removed. A test indicated it was good for something like 0.7 MPG.

Subjective, but I like the styling much better than the LC. The GX550 looks better than the LC, but of course only in my opinion.

TigerEyeJazz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Honda HR-V Sport.
Agreed, that front spoiler would have to immediately come off. On the Taco it is very easily removed. A test indicated it was good for something like 0.7 MPG.

Subjective, but I like the styling much better than the LC. The GX550 looks better than the LC, but of course only in my opinion.
This over LC any day of the week. The styling just screams call backs with a modern twist and I love that.