Breaking News (None?)

zachavm

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Forester and Ascent
My lease on my current car ends this month and I'd love to hear something... I'm willing to go without a car for a few months as long as I know WHEN this thing is going to arrive. If its radio silence all Summer, it'll make it a lot more difficult for me to plan accordingly.

Hopefully we hear something soon!
Even if you are willing to pay top dollar for the first arrivals, you are probably looking at Nov at best to have the vehicle in your possession. More likely Dec. Even then the best deal you are going to get is probably straight MSRP. Also, it will depend on the trim you want. Higher trims and hybrids will probably be harder to come by and more expensive.

If I was you I would look for something to tide me over until the availability increased. Either extend the lease or maybe pick up an "old reliable" to drive for a year or so. Like an old Camry or an Accord.

Bronconomore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
With all the negative press coming from Toyota Corporation lately, between the engine failures and cheating on safety testing….maybe a Bronco or another vehicle is not necessarily a bad option.

jnsplace

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Subaru Outback 3.6R
Nah. The number of broncos in my small town used car lot is growing, not decreasing. Pass.

Bronconomore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
This new engine Toyota is putting in the 4Runner is giving me restless nights. Not sure my confidence is staying where it needs to be, spending $60,000 - $70,000 plus on a vehicle . Kinda like some people now too bad we don’t have more engine options or longer reliability data on the new engine in this new 4Runner. Not 100% sure I am still buying. Thankfully by the time they arrive in Canada there will be plenty on the roads elsewhere to get some feedback.
As they say time will tell.

jnsplace

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Subaru Outback 3.6R
I think of it this way. It’s the same engine in the LC which they put a lot of time and money and reputation to relaunch.
i figure they got this figured out. At least at Japan plant.

Bronconomore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
I think of it this way. It’s the same engine in the LC which they put a lot of time and money and reputation to relaunch.
i figure they got this figured out. At least at Japan plant.
They put a lot of time , money , reputation into the Tundra as well. And we see were that ship is sailing at the moment. I won’t give them my confidence till they show me a reason too.

zachavm

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
This new engine Toyota is putting in the 4Runner is giving me restless nights. Not sure my confidence is staying where it needs to be, spending $60,000 - $70,000 plus on a vehicle . Kinda like some people now too bad we don’t have more engine options or longer reliability data on the new engine in this new 4Runner. Not 100% sure I am still buying. Thankfully by the time they arrive in Canada there will be plenty on the roads elsewhere to get some feedback.
As they say time will tell.
To help with any concerns, the new Tacoma engine has already been used in several different Toyota vehicles.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toyota_Dynamic_Force_engine#T24A-FTS

Bronconomore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
To help with any concerns, the new Tacoma engine has already been used in several different Toyota vehicles.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toyota_Dynamic_Force_engine#T24A-FTS
Thank you.
Still doesn’t do much to get back how I felt about Toyota and it’s Brand. They have a long way to go and a short time to get there.
These engines need to prove themselves with some longevity. Not a couple or three calendar years. Try selling this to the Tundra owners whose engines are coming apart. And the ones that haven’t been recalled, would you trust them?
Glad I never paid good hard earned money on those 100,000 plus on the recall.
The resale values will tank.

jnsplace

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Subaru Outback 3.6R
Right?! So likely after the early July holidays now I suspect. Any big shows anyone know about in July?

zachavm

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I think we must be getting close to the drive around event pretty soon. I also think we can't be that far away from youtubers getting their hands on hybrid Tacoma loners.

jnsplace

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Subaru Outback 3.6R
Had to do some research.
We have
Overland PW week of the 28th of June. (smaller than Overland Expo National)
BC Canada Overland Rally Mid July (just a Rally?)
Miami Auto show in Sept Labor day weekend.
Off road Expo end of Sept

Not seeing a ton of activity as far as shows. I'm very interested to see how they handle the drives. With the Land Cruiser , there weren't any drives before the actual launch time. Which I thought was really odd. Will they do the same with the 4R? I certainly hope not.

jnsplace

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Subaru Outback 3.6R
Literally just read on FB TRD John's feed that, he's been told "we are several months away from a drive event" for the 4R.

Now, hopefully that's because they are going to do this similar to the LC where the drive event was pretty much the same week as the first arrivals to port.