olefriend

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Supra A90
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/arti...us-launch-of-popular-suv-on-shortage-of-parts

Toyota Motor Corp. is delaying the launch of an updated version of a popular mid-size SUV in the US market due to supply constraints on key parts shared with other vehicles.​
The Japanese automaker had planned to start US deliveries of its latest 4Runner SUV this fall, but now doesn’t expect to begin shipping them until December or early next year, a company spokesman said Wednesday.​
The 4Runner has long been one of Toyota’s best-sellers in North America and the highly-anticipated sixth generation of the vehicle was expected to provide an extra boost to the brand’s sales this year. But many of the Japan-built SUV’s key components are shared with sibling models such as the retooled Lexus GX and all-new Land Cruiser, which also are in high demand. That has depleted Toyota’s pooled parts bin, forcing the delay, the spokesman said.​

jnsplace

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Subaru Outback 3.6R
And there we go. Now that makes sense as there are some LC's that were stuck at port due to parts delay which I am sure, didn't provide happy warm feelings on the part of customers.

Not sure that I can wait until next spring. Assuming launch in Jan. 60 days to port. 60 days to flood the distribution. Could be May until I sit in one. My car is showing signs of needing to be swapped out.

Last edited:

Chcg12

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 trd pro
I fuc$&@g knew it!! Show us the SR5 pictures already so I can make a decision. Sad.

Boobajoob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape
I'm not surprised... but still disappointed.

Was holding onto hope that maybe I'd have one for next summer. As a Canuck I feel like it'll be next fall of 2025 at best.

TigerEyeJazz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Honda HR-V Sport.
Figured this was going to happen. Still excited for it but honestly would hope we could see more colors and trim levels shown on the Toyota website.

G-Note

First Name
Glen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Toyota Camry
My Rivian R2 reservation may show up before the 6G. I’m in Canada and 7th on the list at my dealership.

joerockt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 4Runner ORP
Doesn't matter to me until I see a Platinum inside and out.

And this supply bullshit shouldn't be happening anymore. Its all artificial at this point to inflate prices and it should be illegal.

BiggieNorth

First Name
Connie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Lexus RX350
Toyota seems to be having way too many Quality Control issues. My confidence in them has dropped a bit. The supply chain issues seemed to be working in their favor to work out the bugs with the newer 4 cylinder turbo engines.

baldypal

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Toyota Tacoma
I had already decided to go with a 5th gen model for the V6. But I wonder how this will impact 5th gen pricing since gen 6 won't be on the lot. Will they distribute more 5th gen this fall instead? Interesting.

littlesigh

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GLC300
LOL... So much for a good deal on my trade in. Maybe I should get a 2024. :-(

Olevet98

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 4Runner SR5 Premiums
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/arti...us-launch-of-popular-suv-on-shortage-of-parts

Toyota Motor Corp. is delaying the launch of an updated version of a popular mid-size SUV in the US market due to supply constraints on key parts shared with other vehicles.​
The Japanese automaker had planned to start US deliveries of its latest 4Runner SUV this fall, but now doesn’t expect to begin shipping them until December or early next year, a company spokesman said Wednesday.​
The 4Runner has long been one of Toyota’s best-sellers in North America and the highly-anticipated sixth generation of the vehicle was expected to provide an extra boost to the brand’s sales this year. But many of the Japan-built SUV’s key components are shared with sibling models such as the retooled Lexus GX and all-new Land Cruiser, which also are in high demand. That has depleted Toyota’s pooled parts bin, forcing the delay, the spokesman said.​
Here we go! Hope this doesn't mean 2026!

joerockt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 4Runner ORP
I just put 2 and 2 together, its probably because they need the parts to replace the 100K engines in the recall.

andim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Cherokee Trailhawk
I’m leaning more and more to a Land Cruiser. It’s about 67k in the version I want and has permanent awd. I don’t think a 4Runner is much cheaper in the version I would choose.

4rhou

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GX550
IMO, Figure next June realistically. Still waiting on the platinum details.
I just picked up a GX550 OT+ so I can wait a year for the 6th gen. The LC and GX were both delayed so I figured this one would be too.