jnsplace

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Subaru Outback 3.6R
Honda is too far out for me. As I'm looking to replace my car this year, the Taco OF (Max) or the LC are the current contenders. Just trying to get a test drive lined up, and boy is that a challenge with the demand!

jnsplace

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Subaru Outback 3.6R
I am side looking at that. When multiple news sites say shipments to start Dec to early next year. That puts arrivals ~45 day after.

I think that was the original target prior to the delays. Which would have been nice.

TigerEyeJazz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Honda HR-V Sport.
I agree with you, it makes no sense to get a LC if the 4runner is cheaper and has the same engine and maxed out for 5 to 10k less.

As for the Honda I don't k ow the teaser looks pretty good. They might add a hybrid to it who knows.
Yeah that for me is the biggest factor. As for the Honda Teaser. Yes it looks cool since it’s an illustration teaser but but typically Honda teasers look cooler than the actual product. Don’t know why it’s just those illustrations paint something it’s not.

donayre21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
I am side looking at that. When multiple news sites say shipments to start Dec to early next year. That puts arrivals ~45 day after.

I think that was the original target prior to the delays. Which would have been nice.
I trust this dealer since they were the ones who told me about the delays.

jnsplace

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Subaru Outback 3.6R
Ok so, delivery in Dec ish, with the build site going up In Aug/Sept? ish? goodness, I certainly hope so.

TigerEyeJazz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Honda HR-V Sport.
Ok so, delivery in Dec ish, with the build site going up In Aug/Sept? ish? goodness, I certainly hope so.
It would be interesting if they post it up in August. I feel like early September but hey I may be wrong.

andim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Cherokee Trailhawk
I agree with you, it makes no sense to get a LC if the 4runner is cheaper and has the same engine and maxed out for 5 to 10k less………………….
I hope you are right and a well spec’d 4Runner is 10k less than a LC. I’m however doubtful. The LC is 61-67k depending what you select. I assume a TRD pro or Trailhunter will be the same or more. A TRD off-road with extras that make it similar to a LC will be 60ish looking at Taco prices. At that point a LC might be the better choice. I hope I’m wrong.

jnsplace

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Subaru Outback 3.6R
I’m thinking 5k if similar adding

Example:
taco trd OR with premium runs about 56-57
LC with premium runs about 69

I would guess Trd OR with premium will run about 62-64? Just a guess. Somewhere in between.

Salukidawg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Toyota 4Runner
I think TRD Pro and Trailhunter will be over 70K easily. I’ve test driven the Land Cruiser Land Cruiser (mid grade) and I was really impressed. The interior quality and noise levels were Lexus levels of refinement and ride quality. I really want to wait for the 4Runner but if the price is the same or higher than the LandCruiser 250, then I may defect to Landcruiser after all.

donayre21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
I think TRD Pro and Trailhunter will be over 70K easily. I’ve test driven the Land Cruiser Land Cruiser (mid grade) and I was really impressed. The interior quality and noise levels were Lexus levels of refinement and ride quality. I really want to wait for the 4Runner but if the price is the same or higher than the LandCruiser 250, then I may defect to Landcruiser after all.
Yea I don't think it would be more than 70, maybe 65. I member tacomas always being more that 4runners due to the truck aspect of things and being used to move stuff around. I was searching for a vehicle last year and the tacomas were more than a fully spect 4runner which surprised me since it should be the other way around. This was at toyotas wedsite

jnsplace

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Subaru Outback 3.6R
Test drove a Tacoma OR Iforce (not hybrid), and was a nice feel in the drive. Put in a build request for the Iforce max, so I wait as they are coming in presold.

Sales rep, been around for a while, he said he's heard the same thing about building starting in Dec/early next year. Which he estimates March, April before they hit the states.
He also was curious if they would do the same thing as they did with the Taco and release the non Hybrid trims first. He wasn't sure, as he commented, it likely depends on parts and demand.

TigerEyeJazz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Honda HR-V Sport.
Test drove a Tacoma OR Iforce (not hybrid), and was a nice feel in the drive. Put in a build request for the Iforce max, so I wait as they are coming in presold.

Sales rep, been around for a while, he said he's heard the same thing about building starting in Dec/early next year. Which he estimates March, April before they hit the states.
He also was curious if they would do the same thing as they did with the Taco and release the non Hybrid trims first. He wasn't sure, as he commented, it likely depends on parts and demand.
The non Hybrid I Force is a really good engine. I quite like the power delivery and funny enough with some brake boost you can actually peel out from a dig. As for if they will role out non hybrid first, I feel like the only reason Toyota did that for the Tacoma was because they didn’t have it ready to go from Day 1 unlike the regular I Force. We shall definitely see how they will handle it though.