2025 4Runner Off-Road hood scoop?

4R_Tommy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Looking at a 4Runner
Hi-

Does anyone know if the 4Runner Off Road will have a hood scoop or not? I know everyone has their own feeling about it and for me it is a deal-breaker if it has the scoop. The Trail Hunter doesn't have the scoop, but that is really a lot more than I am looking for. The Pro does have the scoop, so that will not work for me. I guess based on the 5th G I was thinking the OR trim would probably have the scoop, but then I saw the thread here that had some color renderings and it showed the OR without a scoop. If that is correct that the OR doesn't have a scoop, then I will order one as soon as I can and happily wait for it. It's not so much the look of the scoop that is a problem for me, it that is it 'non functional' that turns me off.

jnsplace

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Subaru Outback 3.6R
When you say scoop are you saying the thing below? This is the TRD OR Taco, I would say no.
2025 Toyota 4runner 2025 4Runner Off-Road hood scoop? 1719415781353-cj

Looks like the Sport, limited and Platinum will have it. From what I hear, it's 5 bolts to remove.

rdclairm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Prius V, 2019 Highlander
The new Tacoma TRD Sport has the scoop but not the TRD Off Road. On the outgoing 4Runner I think both have it. I’m hoping the new OR does not, it’s not my cup of tea, but we haven’t seen official OR photos yet.

Shyrax

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 Limited
Pretty sure the hood scoop should only be on the Sport and Pro.

zachavm

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Forester and Ascent
Just curious, why would having the fake hood scoop be a deal breaker? I can understand not liking it and thinking it is tacky, but straight up calling it a deal breaker that determines your purchasing decision seems extreme.

OP
OP

4R_Tommy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Looking at a 4Runner
Just curious, why would having the fake hood scoop be a deal breaker? I can understand not liking it and thinking it is tacky, but straight up calling it a deal breaker that determines your purchasing decision seems extreme.
I wish I knew why or more so, I wish I didn't care, but it must be some kind of OCD. Several years ago when the 'Trail' version of the 5G 4Runner came out, I bought it and told myself I could just ignore the fake scoop or that I would get used to it - but I didn't get used to it and I traded it soon after. Too bad it's not just an option or accessory people can choose.

zachavm

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Forester and Ascent
I wish I knew why or more so, I wish I didn't care, but it must be some kind of OCD. Several years ago when the 'Trail' version of the 5G 4Runner came out, I bought it and told myself I could just ignore the fake scoop or that I would get used to it - but I didn't get used to it and I traded it soon after. Too bad it's not just an option or accessory people can choose.
Good on you on understanding yourself. Everyone is illogical in one way or another. I know I've got my own annoyances that I should be able to get over and can't. It is better to understand it and manage it than try to deny or argue it.

As was said, if it follows the Tacoma the Off-Road should not have a hood scoop. I would expect it to. However, there is always the nuclear option where you could replace the hood. First, the hood from a Tacoma should be compatible with it. Thus you might be able to snag one from a junk yard. Second, the dealership might be able to help you connect with someone else who would want the hood scoop and you could swap with them.