jnsplace

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Subaru Outback 3.6R
You'd think with the Forbes article they'd be prepared. BUT, I will say they did the same darn thing with the LC. It look a bit for the web folks to catch up.

Anyway, nice reveal that and the various press vids coming out is going to be fun to discover which Trim speaks to me. *sniffs* I smell research!

Kaitlyn2004

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4runner
I hate how the rear seats fold! :(

unless they are super easy to remove (I recall the xterra had quick release to remove?)

I do personally enjoy the introduction of modern tech and features. And unlike most car manufacturers, looks like they kept plenty of physical controls

Bronconomore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
The more I look at the front..
The more I’m not a fan. The rest of the design is good…but….
The double mustache is not for me. The Tundra guys have long complained about this look too
Try to think Hulk Hogan is on the front Handlebar moustache and all. Then you will enjoy your ride.

MJE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Sport
Try to think Hulk Hogan is on the front Handlebar moustache and all. Then you will enjoy your ride.
It is kind of a double stack with grille & bumper. Not surprisingly with such an angular design & largely based on the Tacoma there’d be an awkward line here or there. The rear door handles not lining up I notice more, though no way to avoid that. Overall though this is a great design! I like it almost more than the LC. Now to get some on the lots to sit in & see if they feel any different.

2025 Toyota 4runner 2025 4Runner Photos & Specs! 🔥 Trailhunter, TRD Pro, Off-Road, Limited Trims IMG_6285

taco4moro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD Off Road Premium
It is kind of a double stack with grille & bumper. Not surprisingly with such an angular design & largely based on the Tacoma there’d be an awkward line here or there. The rear door handles not lining up I notice more, though no way to avoid that. Overall though this is a great design! I like it almost more than the LC. Now to get some on the lots to sit in & see if they feel any different.

IMG_6285.jpeg
Now I just noticed the door handles and it's bothering me so much.

andim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Cherokee Trailhawk
I love the new look, especially the limited one as it looks a bit understated. I hope they have a similar look on the TRD off-road premium or the TRD pro without the black fenders and accents to make it more subtle looking. And I hope they offer a "loud" color like orange, yellow, neon green, metallic brown or whatever. It seems there is a non black interior available (brown).

Maybe too early to ask as this are preproduction models and likely nobody cared to check this anyway:
Can you fold the front passenger seat forward so that it's mostly flat? This would allow to transport long stuff like a surfboard and also make it easier to sleep in the truck (with some sort of mattress of course).
Also, why do they have the roof rails so short on the 4runners? Why don't the rails go all the way to the front as in other cars?

Reactions: MJE

jnsplace

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Subaru Outback 3.6R
Yes, these are preproduction models, I figure it'll be pretty close.
As these three had powered seats (since being higher trims), not sure how flat they will go.

It looks like the TRD OR Tacoma has black trim. Seems to be the signature for the TRD line?

Personally, put me down for any color but black. I've had a black car for 10 years, and I'm over it. lol.

No clue on the roof rack, hopefully someone can assist on that.

Bronconomore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
I love the new look, especially the limited one as it looks a bit understated. I hope they have a similar look on the TRD off-road premium or the TRD pro without the black fenders and accents to make it more subtle looking. And I hope they offer a "loud" color like orange, yellow, neon green, metallic brown or whatever. It seems there is a non black interior available (brown).

Maybe too early to ask as this are preproduction models and likely nobody cared to check this anyway:
Can you fold the front passenger seat forward so that it's mostly flat? This would allow to transport long stuff like a surfboard and also make it easier to sleep in the truck (with some sort of mattress of course).
Also, why do they have the roof rails so short on the 4runners? Why don't the rails go all the way to the front as in other cars?
For the possible addition of a Sunroof?

TSlop

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
~2026 4Runner
It looks like the TRD OR Tacoma has black trim. Seems to be the signature for the TRD line?
The TRD Sport is color matched with the fenders and door handles on the new Taco. If 4Runner follows the Taco, the Sport will be color matched and the OR will be black accents.

Just a hunch, but I doubt ALL the black accents will follow the the OR. I bet just the fenders and the door handles. The black front and rear bumpers and the smoked taillights on the Pro (and likely the Platinum, since they said it gets black accents) won't carry over.

I'm excited to see, though. Since they said they will be out in the Fall, I'd imagine we won't have to wait too much longer to see the rest of the line up.

andim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Cherokee Trailhawk
For the possible addition of a Sunroof?
My current Cherokee has a full length roof rack and a full sunroof that covers front and rear seats. It’s just weird that long stuff on your roof will be fixed to the rack at the middle and at the end but not the front.

4runnin

First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda CX5
Now I just noticed the door handles and it's bothering me so much.
Yeah the double moustache front grille/bumper and the door handles not lining up are the 2 biggest design flaws, the rest is decent, I think the interior design is phenomenal though, so well thought out except for the integration of the huge 14inch screen isn't done very well.

Nuke

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Highlander Platinum
Very nice, but how does this fit with the Land Cruiser?
Was just viewing a YouTube review/opinion from Kirk Kreifels, and he alleges the is a marked difference between the LC and 4Runner, the LC being much higher quality interior-wise, even comparing to the 1958 trim. I find this difficult to believe, as other reviewers have reported the LC 1958 trim abounds with hard plastics, cloth seats, and other cost-cutting measures. His in-depth review on the LC should be available tomorrow after the embargo is lifted. Hope he has access to a Platinum.