2025 4Runner Release Date: March 2025

Rock Doc

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Tundra
I just spoke with my dealer, and I was told that the 2025 4runner release date would be in March 2025. I was told that is when the first allocations will be arriving at my dealership, so I am working with them to get on the list for the color I want. Just wondering if anyone out there has heard anything different.

Frank

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4-runner
I have been waiting on the new 2025 4-Runner. I thought at first I would go with the new Land Crusier. After seeing the LC in person it looked to be a very nice vehicle but a little too exterior Boxy looking for my liking. For me the new 4-Runner has a better look with 95% of the same features. Hope to see the pricing and exact options soon.

OP
OP

Rock Doc

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Tundra
I have been waiting on the new 2025 4-Runner. I thought at first I would go with the new Land Crusier. After seeing the LC in person it looked to be a very nice vehicle but a little too exterior Boxy looking for my liking. For me the new 4-Runner has a better look with 95% of the same features. Hope to see the pricing and exact options soon.
I agree was kinda on the fence about the LC but I think I will wait and stick with the 4runner.

MJE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Sport
I think it’s worth checking them out both side by side at least & see them in the metal.

BBS

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Wrangler JKUR, axle swapped with 40s
Talked to the wife last night and she's ready to put down a deposit. Any dealer recommendations in the Tulsa, OK area?

Frank

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4-runner
I am in S.C. and have been on the waiting list at a large Toyota dealership. While I'm anxious to get it, I don't mind waiting to get the trim level / color I want. From what I have read it will be between the Limited and the new Platinum.

Last edited:
OP
OP

Rock Doc

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Tundra
I am in S.C. and have been on the waiting list at a large Toyota dealership. While I anxious to get it, I don't mind waiting to get the trim level / color I want. From what I have read it will be between the Limited and the new Platinum.
Nice keep us all posted when you hear anything from the dealer. I believe I am going with the mud bath on the TRD Pro going to be pricey but all vehicles are expensive now days!

OP
OP

Rock Doc

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Tundra
I think it’s worth checking them out both side by side at least & see them in the metal.
Good point dont think the dealer will get any 4runners until summer.

Hansaguatus

First Name
Blake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camaro SS Jeep Wrangler
Talked to the wife last night and she's ready to put down a deposit. Any dealer recommendations in the Tulsa, OK area?
Jim Norton Toyota. Talk to Don Ward. He’s been there a long time. Approachable nice gentleman. I put money down on a TRD Pro there three days ago.

BBS

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jim Norton Toyota. Talk to Don Ward. He’s been there a long time. Approachable nice gentleman. I put money down on a TRD Pro there three days ago.
Jim Norton stated they add the "protection package" to all new vehicles at a cost of $2,000 - $2,895 + their $409 doc fee.
Is that the deal they gave you?

My offer to dealers is MSRP + doc fee, no ADM or mandatory packages, refundable deposit.

Here's my research of Toyota Dealers within an hour of Tulsa, OK

Jim Norton (Tulsa):
  • $409 doc fee
  • Stated they add the "protection package" to all new vehicles at a cost of $2,000 - $2,895
Doenges (Bartlesville):
  • $149 doc fee
  • waiting to hear back if they have any mandatory package additions.
Fowler (Tulsa/Broken Arrow):
  • $549 doc fee
  • advertises $1599 for Fowler Protection Package added to all vehicles
James Hodge (Muskogee):
  • $549 doc fee
  • waiting to hear back if they have any mandatory package additions.

BBS

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Adding OKC Dealers (excluding 2 that are the same auto group as the Tulsa dealers listed above)

Bob Howard:
  • $699 doc fees
  • $1495 Protection Package

Post Oak:
  • $549 doc fee
  • does not advertise additional packages, but have not confirmed (EDIT: confirmed no additional packages)

Last edited:

Frank

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4-runner
Some doc fees but no protection package fee here in S.C.

Reactions: BBS

Hansaguatus

First Name
Blake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camaro SS Jeep Wrangler
Adding OKC Dealers (excluding 2 that are the same auto group as the Tulsa dealers listed above)

Bob Howard:
  • $699 doc fees
  • $1495 Protection Package

Post Oak:
  • $549 doc fee
  • does not advertise additional packages, but have not confirmed
I was not informed of this at all when I placed my pre-order. I greatly appreciate you shedding light into this. Why are dealers making these film packages mandatory when purchasing a car? I have a close friend who is brilliant with protective film. If I’m spending 2-3k for film, it’s going to be with him.

Reactions: BBS

TRD_GUY

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
none
I was not informed of this at all when I placed my pre-order. I greatly appreciate you shedding light into this. Why are dealers making these film packages mandatory when purchasing a car? I have a close friend who is brilliant with protective film. If I’m spending 2-3k for film, it’s going to be with him.
I never accept so called "mandatory" add-ons. You don't need to either. The cost to a dealer is negligible, but they charge an outrageous amount to pad their profits. Yet another scam by dealers that has been ongoing for years. I had this package on my Acura as well Ford....And declined to accept or I'd walk. I suggest you do the same, unless you want to accept something you never asked for and want to pad the pockets of your dealer. Your call.

I think in early to mid 2025, we will be in a much different place...Rates will be lower, but unemployment will be higher and will allow for more consumer negotiating power.

Hansaguatus

First Name
Blake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camaro SS Jeep Wrangler
I never accept so called "mandatory" add-ons. You don't need to either. The cost to a dealer is negligible, but they charge an outrageous amount to pad their profits. Yet another scam by dealers that has been ongoing for years. I had this package on my Acura as well Ford....And declined to accept or I'd walk. I suggest you do the same, unless you want to accept something you never asked for and want to pad the pockets of your dealer. Your call.

I think in early to mid 2025, we will be in a much different place...Rates will be lower, but unemployment will be higher and will allow for more consumer negotiating power.
I’ll definitely be speaking to my salesperson in person about these protection add-ons. Whatever I find out, I’ll let you all know!