Dealer out of 5th Gen 4Runners. Will not receive any more '24.

Nomadz

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Outback
In East Tennessee, a dealer told me he is sold out of '24 4Runners and would not get any more.
Could they tell me that to.... sell the Land Cruiser that's been there for 2 months?
Maybe the '25 4Runner is coming sooner than some think. It would be unusual for dealers to run out of products for months.

nathan6g

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Toyota 4Runner
Hmm, running out of 5th Gen 4Runners this early seems weird. Have you tried calling a few other dealers to check if it's just that one or a wider trend. Either way, something's up with Toyota's supply chain or marketing strategy.

jnsplace

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Subaru Outback 3.6R
Probably due to change over. It's not a minor change, it's likely a schedule they put together and kept to it. Be it a month delay or two, might be cheaper to keep the change over plan than stop it.

OP
OP

Nomadz

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Outback
In East Tennessee, a dealer told me he is sold out of '24 4Runners and would not get any more.
Could they tell me that to.... sell the Land Cruiser that's been there for 2 months?
Maybe the '25 4Runner is coming sooner than some think. It would be unusual for dealers to run out of products for months.
This dealer now has a new 2024 4runner on the way. So it was inaccurate that they would not get more 4runners.

jnsplace

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Subaru Outback 3.6R
Could be a dealer exchange perhaps. I know that I got an email from Toyota about the 4R, they gave a link to the press release. It felt to me like the start of the hype up, but that could be wishes.

OP
OP

Nomadz

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Outback
agreed...we'll see if the process is about to begin for gen6

TigerEyeJazz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Honda HR-V Sport.
Production of the 5th gen has ended already. I think it’s been like 2 months since it has.