I got to drive a 24’ MY 4Runner TRD Pro and honestly I understand why people miss the V6.

OP
OP
TigerEyeJazz

TigerEyeJazz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Honda HR-V Sport.
I doubt it.
Although...I could completely take out the factory seat and put in a Recaro. ;-)
If it’s an option.. I would recommend it.

OP
OP
TigerEyeJazz

TigerEyeJazz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Honda HR-V Sport.
For those who are interested in seeing the walk around of the LC First Edition I did, here is the link below. Lot of positives. Wasn’t able to drive it though but will be driving a 1958 as soon as it comes in

OP
OP
TigerEyeJazz

TigerEyeJazz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Honda HR-V Sport.

here is a Fallow up of the Land Cruiser where I get to drive it!

Scott2373

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150, 2018 Wrangler Sahara JLU
You know in twenty years people will be saying....gee i sure miss that Hybrid 4 banger and old school tech...can't trust these new fangled engines and updated technology .
My "Old Timer" buddy always shunned anything new. He was against power locks and windows when they first became standard equipment on pretty much every modern vehicle. He always says, "Just more crap to go wrong".

Hansaguatus

First Name
Blake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camaro SS Jeep Wrangler
Thank you very much for this report.

I'm 6' 2" and am therefore concerned that I would never fit in to a 4Runner. Which is what I really want. This is based on reports that the LC has a much taller roof-line.
Ah well, I guess that I'll half to look at a LC or GX.
I was able to sit in the LC last week. I sat in there comfortably being 6’ 5” with sun roof equipped. I certainly hope there will be enough clearance in the 4Runner. I fit fine in the current gen

kzrman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 4Runner TRD off-road
I was able to sit in the LC last week. I sat in there comfortably being 6’ 5” with sun roof equipped. I certainly hope there will be enough clearance in the 4Runner. I fit fine in the current gen
I finally got to sit in a 2024 Tacoma. The one I sat in didn't have a sun roof, and much to my relief I fit in it fine. Hopefully the cab dimensions between the Taco and the 4R will in fact be the same.

Bronconomore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Sales pitch on point, but so many aspects for a 2024 vehicle are dated. Halogen turn signals/ cabin lights, switches, gauge cluster, and despite being tried and true, a tired power train. Reminds me of the 04-22 Subaru wrx sti and how it never got a much deserved update. Honestly feel bad for the folks buying this MY at $50k+ with the new updates around the corner. 🤷🏽‍♂️
No need to fell sorry for me I just bought a perfectly great vehicle that will hold its resale value better, has proven reliability, built to last. Who cares about a few bulbs, not a priority when I am purchasing a vehicle. Just remember your 2025 will be outdated in a few years. It’s better to be a little outdated and a Diamond in the rough as opposed to shiny fools gold.
I have just purchased a MY 2024 TRD OFF ROAD.
Let’s check back in ten years and compare notes?
Peace and good health.

Last edited:
OP
OP
TigerEyeJazz

TigerEyeJazz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Honda HR-V Sport.
No need to fell sorry for me I just bought a perfectly great vehicle that will hold its resale value better, has proven reliability, built to last. Who cares about a few bulbs, not a priority when I am purchasing a vehicle. Just remember your 2025 will be outdated in a few years. It’s better to be a little outdated and a Diamond in the rough as opposed to shiny fools gold.
I have just purchased a MY 2024 TRD OFF ROAD.
Let’s check back in ten years and compare notes?
Peace and good health.
Congratulations on your new ride! Would love to hear more about your overall buying experience.

TRD_GUY

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
none
So I’ve never driven a 4Runner before and finally I got to drive a TRD Pro model. I actually understand why so many are worried about the new 4 Cylinder.

Although the V6 is old and so is that 5 Speed auto, the engine is just bulletproof. Everything about this model feels analogue which is something a lot of modern cars have lost over the years. In my video I go deeper into why I feel that and even throw shade and some other brands.

The 4 cylinder will actually run better with the 8 speed tranny....I promise you. It's why I have a Ford at the moment.