zachavm

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Forester and Ascent
With the "black exterior styling elements", is it safe to assume that the taillights on the platinum will be like the TRD Pro's?

I am tempted to go to the Platinum vs the TRD Pro.
No idea. We won't know until we see a prototype or get the official word.

I am curious though. There Platinum and TRD pro are pretty extreme in their differences. If you are shopping the two I would guess you don't spend a lot of time off-road. If that is the case you will probably be happier with the Platinum.

No clue if that is where you are at, but a TON of people seem to buy the off-road trims but never really use them. I part of that club as I have a Subaru Forester Wilderness and the most off-road it has seen has the dirt road leading up to my in-law's house. Anyway, I've decide to not let the off-road trims sway me this time and just get the Limited or Platinum of the Tacoma or 4Runner. One big point in the Platinum's favor is the Full-Time 4WD. It is much safer on-road and still keeps a lot of off-road capability.

mnloon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus NX450h+
No idea. We won't know until we see a prototype or get the official word.

I am curious though. There Platinum and TRD pro are pretty extreme in their differences. If you are shopping the two I would guess you don't spend a lot of time off-road. If that is the case you will probably be happier with the Platinum.

No clue if that is where you are at, but a TON of people seem to buy the off-road trims but never really use them. I part of that club as I have a Subaru Forester Wilderness and the most off-road it has seen has the dirt road leading up to my in-law's house. Anyway, I've decide to not let the off-road trims sway me this time and just get the Limited or Platinum of the Tacoma or 4Runner. One big point in the Platinum's favor is the Full-Time 4WD. It is much safer on-road and still keeps a lot of off-road capability.
You're right about that, it's likely I wouldn't ever use the Pro to the extreme that it's built for. The most it'll probably see is dirt roads and gravel leading to trail heads. Think I'll be going with the Platinum and removing that air dam within the hour of getting it.

jnsplace

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Subaru Outback 3.6R
Not completely intending to derail.

I'm guessing...guessing!
Looking at the Tundra build site that the TRD OR: Prem and the Platinum will be close to the same price. *Iforce max builder
Tundra Platinum is 62K, and the TRD PRO is 72K.

Whereas Taco Off OR: 47K, figure add 10K for the premium package. = 57K
Limited is 56K
Plat probably closer to 60K
Trail hunter is 63K

I'm going to GUESS for the 4R.
TRD PRO 4R 68-70K (staying under Tundra)
TRD OF PREM 60 - 63K
Plat: ??? 65?

For me, it's a matter of picking the trim appeal and goodies that come with, the builder will be key,.
PS: Land Cruiser standard with Prem = 68K

Bronconomore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport

I'm guessing...guessing!
Looking at the Tundra build site that the TRD OR: Prem and the Platinum will be close to the same price. *Iforce max builder

Limited is 56K
Trail hunter is 63K

TRD OF PREM 60 - 63K

For me, it's a matter of picking the trim appeal and goodies that come with, the builder will be key,.
Yes and here in the land of ice and snow, better know as Canada to our US neighbours. Going by the LC pricing we need add 14-16 thousand per trim.

zachavm

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Forester and Ascent

I'm guessing...guessing!

Limited is 56K
Trail hunter is 63K

TRD OF PREM 60 - 63K

I agree. 3-5K more than the equivalent Tacoma trims seems like a good guess to me. However, it is possible that existing market trends could have them re-thinking things some. It wouldn't surprise me if internally Toyota will (and/or already have) reduce their planned MSRP numbers. Once they are official though they won't be changing.