TRD_GUY

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
none
Announcements like this are intentionally slow rolled. They doll out information slowly over time to help build the hype among their enthusiast buyers (like many of us here). This is especially true when looking at all the teasers they did leading up to the initial reveals for both the Tacoma and the 4Runner. Another reason they do it is to maintain excitement. If they just dropped all the info at once people would comb through it and get excited, but then forget about it when there was nothing more to learn. They want potential customers regularly thinking about it as it approaches the time they can make a reservation. It makes perfect sense and is just good business.

Anyway, I expect there to be another event in a few months (June maybe?) where they bring the press in and let them drive many of the trims. They will likely have more prototypes of various trims on display at that time. The Off-Road and Platinum seem likely. At the same time they will probably release more specific information like a spec sheet and detailed features for each trim. However, I expect pricing will wait another few months and drop sometime around Aug/Sep. At that time I would bet we see things like the official build page become available.
If they were slo-rolling out the excitement, they'd be doing this in California instead of TX, no?