2nd Row Leg Room

Bedawson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Tacoma
Whats up all!

I'm currently in line for a 24 LC, but can move my reservation to the 4runner if we decide to go that route.

I know cargo space and specs have not been released yet, but I'm curious how the 2nd row leg room compares to the 5th gen 4runner.
by the looks of numerous videos it looks smaller than the outgoing.

and it being (basically) a carbon copy of the tacoma.. I'm a bit worried. I just sold my 20 Tacoma due to lack of rear leg room. Car seats and Tacomas don't mesh well.

I saw the 6th gen 4unner at the overland expo, and it looks great. to bad they wouldn't open the doors for us :(

zachavm

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Forester and Ascent
I would expect it to be pretty close to the outgoing 4Runner generation. The dimensions are pretty similar. I would not be too concerned. Comparing it to a Tacoma is not really valid for the second row. You say "carbon copy of the Tacoma", but that is only in certain areas and the back seat is definitely not one of them.

Here is a video I happened to watch last night. She actually directly compares the back seat between the 2024 Tacoma and the 2025 4Runner.

Finally, I would expect the land cruiser to be almost identical to the 4Runner in second row space as they have identical wheel bases.

TSlop

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
~2026 4Runner
I can tell you I sat in a new Taco and an "old" 4Runner, and there was much more leg room in the 4Runner. I'd imagine it would stay that way, even with the more shared components.