Bought a 5 Gen 4Runner TRD OFF ROAD 2024

Bronconomore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Just can’t trust the new Toyota I am seeing out there with constant issues in the new Tundra… Tacoma…. Etc
Staying with the tried and true…..till Toyota rights that ship.
Don’t want to spend my free time at dealerships with recalls and uncertainty.
Good luck with your choice.

Thx1158

First Name
RW
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Rubicon
I had a ton of issues with my 2018 Tacoma. so much so I dumped it and went back to jeep in 21. I wouldn’t be so quick to assume you won’t have any problems.

Jucame63

First Name
Juan Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Toyota 4runner Trd Off Road V6
I had a ton of issues with my 2018 Tacoma. so much so I dumped it and went back to jeep in 21. I wouldn’t be so quick to assume you won’t have any problems.
Tacoma and 4runner can not be compared quality/raliabilty wise since the 4runner is built in the Tahara factory in Japan. The Tahara factory is Toyta's best factory. It is the same factory where LC 200 was built. The same factory where LC 250/300, and Lexus LX/GX are built.
The Tacoma is built in Mexico.
The 4runner cannot even be compared quality/raliability wise with the Tundra built in San Antonio.

Thx1158

First Name
RW
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Rubicon
Tacoma and 4runner can not be compared quality/raliabilty wise since the 4runner is built in the Tahara factory in Japan. The Tahara factory is Toyta's best factory. It is the same factory where LC 200 was built. The same factory where LC 250/300, and Lexus LX/GX are built.
The Tacoma is built in Mexico.
The 4runner cannot even be compared quality/raliability wise with the Tundra built in San Antonio.
I wasn't comparing the quality per se, my point was that if you are choosing to purchase last years model because of QC concerns, don't think you are guaranteed a trouble free experience. My Tacoma was a Texas built unit, and I'm well aware of the Japanese manufacturing of the 4Runner. The Lexus GX 550's are suffering some quality issues coming out of those Japanese factories. Toyota lauds its quality irrespective of where they are manufactured and in. my case, they fell short
. The only reason I'm considering a 4runner is because they are built in Japan. I may just upgrade to the GX 550 as I want to be able to tow a bit. That's how I became aware of some of the owner QC complaints.

TigerEyeJazz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Honda HR-V Sport.
So far, how are you liking it over your old bronco?

OP
OP
Bronconomore

Bronconomore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
You can't compare a Tacoma to a 5 Gen 4 Runner for known reliability and resale values. Apples and oranges.

OP
OP
Bronconomore

Bronconomore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
So far, how are you liking it over your old bronco?
Oh man what a vehicle, biggest regret is never buying one before. I feel safe and not worrying about over technical computers breaking down. Less is a beautiful thing. Just received another recall for my previous Ford in the mail.

TigerEyeJazz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Honda HR-V Sport.
Oh man what a vehicle, biggest regret is never buying one before. I feel safe and not worrying about over technical computers breaking down. Less is a beautiful thing. Just received another recall for my previous Ford in the mail.
That’s great to hear! Happy you are enjoying so far!

Thx1158

First Name
RW
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Rubicon
You can't compare a Tacoma to a 5 Gen 4 Runner for known reliability and resale values. Apples and oranges.
[/QUOTE]
What I was comparing was Toyota's "Legendary quality and reliability" I think I laid it out in my reply to Jucame63. and that point is not "apples and oranges" since it centers on the manufacturers overall reputation and not specific models. I have since decided not to purchase the 4runner and am currently on the list for a 2025 GX550. The reason I'm waiting on a 25 is to give Toyota a model year to sort out supply and quality issues plaguing its current crop of GX's.

I would expect similar teething pains with the 4runner. For those who think the Japanese manufacturing plants are superior, just know that currently the Hino plant is having issues with engine production and the GX's are suffering from vibration and hood flutter issues at speed. Lexus is known for reliability and resale, but those owners of impacted units may not see it that way, and I certainly didn't see Toyota as a quality manufacture when I was dealing with my Tacoma. I am willing to give them another try with the Lexus brand.

TRD_GUY

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
none
What I was comparing was Toyota's "Legendary quality and reliability" I think I laid it out in my reply to Jucame63. and that point is not "apples and oranges" since it centers on the manufacturers overall reputation and not specific models. I have since decided not to purchase the 4runner and am currently on the list for a 2025 GX550. The reason I'm waiting on a 25 is to give Toyota a model year to sort out supply and quality issues plaguing its current crop of GX's.

I would expect similar teething pains with the 4runner. For those who think the Japanese manufacturing plants are superior, just know that currently the Hino plant is having issues with engine production and the GX's are suffering from vibration and hood flutter issues at speed. Lexus is known for reliability and resale, but those owners of impacted units may not see it that way, and I certainly didn't see Toyota as a quality manufacture when I was dealing with my Tacoma. I am willing to give them another try with the Lexus brand.
[/QUOTE]

To add, these plants merely assemble and do minor QA. All real world testing is where the rubber meets the road, prior to mass assembly.