Is the Trailhunter configured well enough?

kzrman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 4Runner TRD off-road
I would like to know if you think that the Trailhunter is configured well enough out of the gate for your needs, or will you changing/adding something soon after taking delivery?
If you will be making changes what will it be?

Thanks.

OP
OP

kzrman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just to get things started I found this cool fire extinguisher. It's small, lasts for 50 seconds, is good on all types of fires and will not make a mess when used.

It's called the:
Element E50 Fire Extinguisher Stick 40050, 50

Jucame63

First Name
Juan Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Toyota 4runner Trd Off Road V6
If I were to get one, I would lift it to fit 35" tires.
That means changing the suspension, UCA, tires.
Wheels may need to go if it needs a different offset.

It is not a good investment to pay premium price to change a lot of what you are paying for.
It is always better to get a TRD OR and modify it, as long as it comes with the sway bar disconnect.

If Toyota were to offer the package I mentioned at the beginning, you will be paying a higher premium.
If the dealer were to offer the package you will still pay a premium and we know how capable Toyota dealer mechanics are.

I rather do the modifications myself on a TRD OR but it will never happen given the prices we are seeing with the New Tacoma.

I paid $40,000.00 out the door for a 2020 TRD OR so I will not pay $60,000.00 for a Trailhunter.
I am keeping my 4runner for the force able future. I could get a GX 460 to have that V8

A 4 Cyl is too small for that huge amount of torque so it is best to stay away for 2 to 3 years to see what is the reliability.
That is my advice to those ready to jump and buy the new model whatever trim it is.
Still, it is your money so do as you wish but I would hate to be part of an engine recall since you lose resale value.
Just look at the V6 on the Tundra / LX 600 that could spill to other trims.

OP
OP

kzrman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

STD67

First Name
Rutger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee
I'm probably going to wait too. I was planning on being one of the first to take delivery (if possible)....now I'm thinking that would not be a good idea.,